Hours: Monday thru Friday 10am – 1pm
Phone: 215-627-NLNA (6562)
What We Do…For YOU!
The NLNA is the engine at the heart of our neighborhood. We bring neighbors together and advocate for the community.
Here’s just some of what we do:
- Maintain the Community Center, a place that’s available for neighbors to meet and discuss community issues, or to rent for private affairs.
- Run Zoning Meetings and attend Zoning Hearings at City Hall
- Maintain Liberty Lands, our green oasis
- Run Recycling Programs
- Provide a Quality of Life Advocate for issues like trash, snow removal, vandalism & graffiti, abandoned cars, potholes, and more.
- Run Clean & Green Programs and Initiatives that include storm water management, and street tree management
- Organize Townwatch
- Provide Neighborhood Updates Emails
Please consider donating to keep these services going!
Use the Donate Button on the right to contribute via Paypal. Thanks!
About The Organization:
The NLNA is a civic association and 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. As such we may accept tax deductible contributions of any amount. Founded in 1978, the NLNA has been in operation for more than 30 years. The NLNA represents approximately 6,000 men, women and children, and more than 100 businesses, who call the Northern Liberties neighborhood of Philadelphia home. Our mission is to provide services and programs beneficial to all residents and businesses in the neighborhood, encourage and promote the preservation and beautification of our public spaces and to plan and monitor the growth and development of our neighborhood to the benefit of the community.
As a civic association, we represent the interests of our members. A member is anyone 18 or older who lives here, or who owns or runs a business here. We are governed by state and federal laws that apply to nonprofits.
To review our meeting minutes select Board Meeting Minutes from the list of categories in the sidebar. Please Note: Minutes are posted after they are approved at the subsequent month’s meeting.
Map of Northern Liberties – The western border of the Northern Liberties is N. 6th St. starting at Callowhill st. and ending at Girard Ave. The Northern border starts at 6th st. and Girard Ave. and extends down Girard to Front st. where the border turns south down Front st. to Laurel st. and then east the length of Laurel st. to the Delaware River. The eastern border runs down the Delaware River from Laurel st. to Callowhill st. The southern border starts at the Delaware River and follows Callowhill st. to 6th st.