10am to 1pm at the Northern Liberty Community Center, 700 N. 3rd Street (N. 3rd & Fairmount)
Come along and swap children’s clothes at this annual event!
We are always looking for people to help with setting up and packing up (the before and after). You can message Sue White (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer.
Here’s how it works…
- PLEASE NO CLOTHES IN POOR CONDITION!! No rips / nothing torn, no stains, etc. If you wouldn’t put them on your own kid, than it’s more than likely neither will someone else.
- ACCEPTABLE ITEMS (besides clothing) INCLUDE: Maternity clothing, baby blankets, crib bedding, nursing supplies, bibs, costumes, shoes, coats, etc.
- IF YOUR CLOTHES HAVE TAGS OR YOU HAVE NEW, IN BOX TOYS… please hold onto these and give them to Janet, Sue or Kate Hawk at the swap (bring them to the back where the office is). These will be used in the Northern Liberties Operation Santa program. For many years, the NLNA has been providing food and toys to needy families and seniors in our community during the holiday season.
- NO TOYS!!! (unless new in the packaging). AND NO GEAR (this includes: strollers, car seats, pack-n-plays, boppies, high chairs, etc.)
- FOR THE FIRST TIME WE ARE INTRODUCING A BOOK SWAP!! Please make sure the books have excessive writing or coloring in them, no ripped or missing pages, etc. Extra books will be donated to Kearny School. The book swap will be taking place outside of the community center under the tent. Same thing applies to books as with clothes, if you were planning to trash it, that’s probably where it should go.
Any extra clothes will be donated to a few places including:
The Drueding Center/Project Rainbow http://www.druedingcenter.org/
The Baby Bureau http://thebabybureau.org/
The Covenant House http://covenanthouse.org/
And if you have anywhere you’d like to suggest or can take clothes, please share!