Nominations for the NLNA Board of Directors annual election will be taken at the General Meeting on Thursday, April 27th, 7:00 PM, at the Northern Liberties Community Center at 3rd & Fairmount. The election will take place at the May General Meeting. We will be nominating Vice President, Secretary and five at-large Board seats. Those seats are currently held by Michael Coyne, VP; Janet Finegar, Sec; Troy Crichton; Donald Hoegg; Monika Kreidie; Don Phillips and Barbara Saverino.
Nominations will be taken at the meeting on April 27th, but can also be taken in advance on-line! We will begin taking nominations on Thursday, April 20th. Send nominations to Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to put NOMINATIONS in the subject line. Nominees’ names will be announced at the General meeting, more will be taken, and will end at the end of that meeting.
Interested in running? To run for an At-large seat, you need only be at least 18 years of age, and either live in the neighborhood (this includes both owners and renters), or run a business with a physical location in the neighborhood. (To run for VP or Secretary, you also need to have been on the NLNA board for one year, now or in the past.)
Board members are expected to:
- Attend monthly board of directors meetings on the first Monday of each month
- Chair or help lead at least one NLNA committee or project/initiative
- Volunteer for various NLNA fundraisers and events
- Stay in active contact with other board members via the NLNA board email list
- Be ambassadors to the neighborhood and generally help solve problems and promote quality of life
- Participate in overseeing the NLNA’s finances and internal operations
If you would like to run you can ask someone to nominate you, or you can nominate yourself.
In order to vote in NLNA elections you must fulfill the requirements above, plus you must be registered to vote in NLNA elections. If you have voted in the last few years, you are still registered. If not, or if you are new to Northern Liberties please bring an ID with your address to any Northern Liberties meeting to register. You may even register on election night.