Zoning Committee Openings
– Are you interested in neighborhood development?
The NLNA Zoning Committee – which hears zoning variance requests and votes on the issues – has openings.
Want to be a part of it?
Just contact zoning chair Larry Freedman at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Committee meetings – 6:30pm (sharp!) on the last Monday of each month and sometimes the last Tuesday.
The next schedule will be posted in Upcoming Agendas as it become available.
To review past Zoning Meeting Minutes and approved Motions see NLNA Board Meeting Minutes. To do this choose board meeting minutes in the Categories list in the sidebar..
The purpose of the Zoning Committee is:
- To review applications for zoning changes (variances), review liquor license approvals or transfers, and consider other development issues, and to recommend action to the NLNA Board of Directors.
- To hold public meetings and to act as a liaison among residents, developers, and the Board.
- To review and improve neighborhood development guidelines.
Zoning Committee Meets the last Mon & Tues of the month.
6:30PM both nights, NLNA office, 3rd & Fairmount
- It hears requests for variance – exceptions from the rules of the city’s zoning code (for example, building residences on an industrial-zoned property).
- Its motions become official NLNA positions when ratified by the NLNA board of directors (board meetings are usually about a week after zoning meetings).
- NLNA positions are not legally binding; they are recommendations to the City’s Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA), which makes the final decision.